The mission of the Flagg Township Historical Society and Museum is to stimulate interest in Flagg Township history through education, research, collection and preservation of information for the benefit of the public of today and in the future.
Located in the old City and Town Hall at 518 4th Avenue in downtown Rochelle, Illinois.
The building was constructed in 1884 and is on the National Historic Register.
The original City and Town Hall included the fire station, jail, and a large room upstairs for community gatherings.
When the new City Hall was planned concerned citizens and the Flagg Township Historical Society wanted to save the old building. The Historical Society was able to purchase the building for $1 and make it a museum for the people of Rochelle and Flagg Township.